How to book Oakham Castle, useful information and T&Cs
Oakham Castle can accommodate a maximum of 80 guests seated in rows, or 75 guests for a sit-down meal.
When planning your event you will need to confirm the following:
Book as soon as possible to guarantee the date. Your booking needs to be accompanied by the relevant deposit.
All your requirements, final guest numbers, quantity of tables and chairs required, layout (table plan), must be confirmed to us no less than 14 days prior to the date of the event.
Prior to your event, please inform us if you want to bring specific music/musicians and if you want music playing on arrival or during your event.
The Castle has lovely grounds for a picnic or, groups can lunch inside using the benches and chairs available. Dogs are allowed in the castle, if they are kept on a lead.
General Hire Terms and Conditions
1. Your booking will be confirmed once a signed application has been received and the deposit paid. A non-refundable deposit is required on confirmation of booking.
2. All bookings must be accompanied by the relevant deposit, with the full balance due one month before the intended date. Any bookings made within two months of the intended date, must be accompanied by payment in full. The balance will be invoiced approximately 8 weeks prior to the event date.
3. Oakham Castle is licensed for alcohol sales and is licensed until 11.00 p.m. All close down and site evacuation must take place by midnight. In line with UK law, no person under the age of 18 may be permitted to purchase or consume intoxicating drinks.
4. On market days (Wednesdays, Saturdays and occasional Sundays) vehicle access to Castle Lane is via Market Street only. Stallholders are required to leave the route clear.
5. Coaches cannot enter the castle grounds because of a low archway. Coaches will need to drop passengers just after the Burley Road car park. Please ask for directions if you are coming by coach. Mini-buses are able to enter the castle grounds.
The Castle grounds Gate measures: 3 metres high at the edge rising to 3.812 m. in the centre. 2.4 metres wide at the edge of the gate. A guide for access: Minibus widths tend to be 2m – 2.3m. A Ford Transit Van is 2.36m wide. 7.5 Tonne trucks are commonly 2.45m wide.
There are car parking spaces available for easier disabled access and for guests up to 8 vehicles.
6. The site is wheelchair accessible.
7. Candles or other naked flames or balloons are not permitted in the Castle or Castle Grounds. No inflammable, dangerous or offensive article may be brought onto the premises.
8. Our tables and chairs are included in the hire of the venue at no additional charge.
9. The Castle must be left in good, clean condition to be open to visitors the following morning. Should additional cleaning be necessary, or damage / loss occurs, the hirer will be required to pay the amount requested to make good or remedy the loss or damage.
10. You are responsible for indemnifying the County Council against all claims, liabilities, actions, costs, damages or expenses howsoever caused arising out of or in connection with the function/event.
11. Rutland County Council reserves the right to alter the charges, which replace all previous charges, without notice. In the event of an increase being decided after a booking has been confirmed, the Council will normally honor the rates in force at the time of confirmation provided that the booking is for a date within twelve months of the confirmation date and that the deposit has been paid.
12. Bookings are at the discretion of the Operations Manager, whose decision shall be final in all matters concerning the hire.
13. The Council will make every effort to ensure that arrangements will be as described and booked, but can accept no responsibility in the event of cancellation due to circumstances beyond its control.
Linda Healey | Operations Manager
Rutland Libraries/Rutland County Museum/Oakham Castle
Rutland. LE15 6HW
Mob: 07920 782157
Castle Contact details:
Tel: 01572 757578 | Email: email@example.com